We work hard, but essentially – we believe in looking at work not just as a task, but a valuable, meaningful, and rewarding way to spend our time.
We are always looking for motivated people to join us. Were especially interested if you share our love for the outdoors, a passion for quality, and a desire to make a difference. If you are looking to work for Abel in any of the positions listed here, please follow the application instructions listed within each job description. Applications are submitted through the email link below.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
The Position: Production Artist Technician
Abel Automatics, Inc. has been a leading manufacturer in the fly fishing industry for over 30 years. The company enjoys a strong international reputation for precision, innovation, performance and world-class customer service while maintaining their philosophy of manufacturing all products in the United States. Abel continually presses on to find new and creative ways to bring the best-made and most useful fly-fishing instruments available to the industry. If you have a passion for graphic arts and fly fishing, and believe you can contribute to this growing company, then this position is for you.
To continue our world-class production standards, Abel is seeking a qualified Production Artist Technician. As a member of the production and anodize team, this individual must have the ability to efficiently, safely and accurately perform a variety of skills in graphic anodizing, including intricate applications of dye colors onto curved metal surfaces using paint brushes.
Please visit our Finishes page to see a few examples of our hand painted products.
- Responsible for applying organic dyes to the surface of metals in our graphic anodize designs.
- Responsible for detecting visual blemishes and machine defects on products.
- Assist in the overdye process to complete the required graphic design.
- Assist in cleaning product after the anodize process in preparation for shipping.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Ability to hand paint high-quality, intricate designs onto contoured pieces of aluminum using our proprietary anodizing process.
- Anodize background and knowledge a plus. Candidates must be willing to work with chemical dyes.
- Graphic arts background a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of CorelDRAW or similar graphic program is a plus.
- Laser engraving experience a plus but not required; Abel will train the right candidate.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work in order to meet due dates.
- Highly organized and detail-orientated.
- Strong self-motivation and creative vision for the future.
- Demonstrate an ability to work effectively as part of a dynamic team.
- Benefits (offered after 90 days of employment) include a defined contribution health insurance plan, paid vacation and sick leave.
- Our work schedule consists of four 10-hour workdays Monday through Thursday, 7:00am to 5:30pm.
Camarillo, CA 93010
FAIR LABOR ASSOCIATION
Abel Automatics is a member of the Fair Labor Association, a multi-stakeholder initiative that includes companies, colleges, universities, and non-governmental organizations working together to improve workers' lives. Visit www.fairlabor.org for more information.