We work hard, but essentially – we believe in looking at work not just as a task, but a valuable, meaningful, and rewarding way to spend our time.
We are always looking for motivated people to join us. Were especially interested if you share our love for the outdoors, a passion for quality, and a desire to make a difference. If you are looking to work for Abel in any of the positions listed here, please follow the application instructions listed within each job description. Applications are submitted through the email link below.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
The Position: Abel Shop Technician
Abel Automatics, Inc. has been a leading manufacturer in the fly fishing industry for over 30 years. The company enjoys a strong international reputation for precision, innovation, performance and world-class customer service while maintaining their philosophy of manufacturing all products in the United States. Abel continually presses on to find new and creative ways to bring the best-made and most useful fly-fishing instruments available to the industry. If you have a passion for fly-fishing and believe you can contribute to this growing company, then this position is for you.
To continue our world-class production standards, Abel is seeking a qualified Shop Technician. As a member of the production and operations team, this individual must have the ability to safely and efficiently perform a variety of duties including shipping, laser engraving, prepping work orders and learning the basic graphic anodizing process.
- Responsible for all laser engraving activities on products, including:
- Optimizing daily set-ups and production times for individual pieces
- Manipulating images and text to precise fits on products
- Accurately converting images and logos to vector formats
- Organizing and maintaining laser images and image backups frequently
- Detect visual blemishes and machine defects on products
- Assist in writing up orders prior to laser and anodize process
- Assist in cleaning products after the anodize process
- Assist in packaging and shipping product to our Colorado facility
- Assist in the anodize process to complete custom graphic designs.
- Must be willing to work with chemical dyes.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- PC / Windows computer experience required
- Graphic arts background a plus with knowledge of CorelDRAW or similar graphic program
- Laser engrave experience a plus but not required; Abel will train the right candidate
- Anodize background and knowledge a plus
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work in order to meet due dates
- Highly organized and detail-orientated
- Strong self-motivation and creative vision for the future
- Demonstrate an ability to work effectively as part of a dynamic team
- Benefits (offered after 90 days of employment) include a defined contribution health insurance plan, paid vacation and sick leave.
- Our work schedule consists of four 10-hour workdays Monday through Thursday, 7:00am to 5:30pm.
Camarillo, CA 93010
FAIR LABOR ASSOCIATION
Abel Automatics is a member of the Fair Labor Association, a multi-stakeholder initiative that includes companies, colleges, universities, and non-governmental organizations working together to improve workers' lives. Visit www.fairlabor.org for more information.